Monday, August 8, 2011

Chills, Thrills, and utility Bills

Making the weather more tolerable:

I'm sure you've noticed it's been a real hot summer. 

When I was young 93 degrees was 93 degrees and in winter 0 was 0 and you planned accordingly but what bugs me the most is that they have a new measurement now for heat that's called "Heat Index". When it's 93 degrees F. the weather man says the Heat Index says it makes it feel like 110. Same in the winter. It's 0 degrees but the Wind Chill makes it feel like it's 24 below. 

Here's my Idea, lets use the Wind Chill in the summer and the Heat Index in the winter. Say it's 93 degrees, with the Wind Chill, that would make it feel like only 78 degrees. In the winter if it's 0 we use the Heat Index and it would feel like 24 degrees. Think of all the money you could save on your energy bill and no more added worry about exaggerated  weather reports.

I think this could work

Paul

(8-2-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment