Monday, August 8, 2011

I can DO this...just give me time!

Post-Op Blues:

The doctors said I could go home if my wife did everything for me at home for a little while. They didn't know that my wife has been doing everything for me for forty-five years now. I never did my own wash (do you sort colors? how much detergent?) or never cooked my own meals (What do you set the oven at 250 or 650?). 

When I was still working, my wife made my lunch for me every day to carry (I don't know where the food is and even if I did, what would I do with it if I found it?). I remember trying to make toast once and I burned it so I never tried that again (I think there's a little dial on the side of the toaster for light and dark, nobody told me). 

My kids always try to tell her to stop doing everything for me but she likes it, so why does it bother them?

God Bless

Paul


(2-21-11)

No comments:

Post a Comment